Parish Lenten Devotional 2018
Parish Lenten Devotional
CLICK HERE to download a copy of the Parish Lenten Devotional 2018 booklet for inspiration to write your reflection inspired by the life of Francis.
Our Lenten devotional for 2018 will be dedicated to St. Francis of Assisi. The world in which Francis lived was changing, complicated, tumultuous, and often violent. Such is our world today. Yet Francis radiated the holiness of Christ. Continually inspired by a passion for prayer, he became contemplation in action, a living grace of love, an instrument of God’s peace. He and his companions travelled about, acting as troubadours of divine love to those in the margins of society.
The reflections in our devotional will be inspired by the life of Francis and will be written by you, the members of the parish. All ages are encouraged to participate. There will be a reflection for each of the days of Lent and Holy week. In the following pages, you will find some prayers and images to use as you relax into your reflection.
Here’s how it works:
• Use one of the prayers or images in this booklet for inspiration
• Compose your reflection, prayer, poem, piece of art or photograph using Francis as your guide
• Prayerfully reflect on how Francis’ life translates to today’s world
• Pull out a particular line that has meaning for you and tell us why
• Respond to a phrase or even a single word
• Tell us a story from your experience
Lynn Donahue has graciously agreed to coordinate the offerings again this year. Lent comes early this year (February 14 is Ash Wednesday), so if you would like to participate, we will need your submissions by January 10. Please be in contact with Lynn at email@example.com or sign up for a devotional online via Realm. CLICK HERE to sign up!